Thursday, February 1, 2007

Where is the Snow?

I was promised snow. They said it was coming. I saw the radar... it couldn't miss us. It was meant to snow all night and all morning.

We got no snow... well, we got a "light dusting". Please, I have more dust in my apartment.

This may sound rather childish (it may actually be rather childish), but let me explain:

I am from Australia... Western Australia to be precise (those of you familiar with a map of Australia will realize that W.A. takes up about 2/5ths of the country, so precise may not be the best choice of words). We don't get snow in Western Australia.

One of the joys of coming to the US of A was the chance to see snow; to see it fall, to see it accumulate.

Now, I understand that snow can be a pain. I also understand that I am in a part of America that doesn't get a lot of snow. I am fine with that. I just wish to point out that if you build my hopes up by telling me that we are definitely going to get snow, and lots of it, then we had better get more than a "light dusting"...

5 comments:

Odyssey said...

Apparently we're getting it instead. Two inches and still falling. Not an enormous amount really, but enough to cause issues here. The city isn't used to snow...

Goose said...

Us too, it's just a day late. We struggle with the snow too! It's days like this that I'm glad I walk.

JollyRgr said...

Snow....we could do with some about now. Just to cool things down a bit and when it melts straight away it will turn into water which we also need badly

mouthfulofpancake said...

What's snow??????

Goose said...

"Snow"; a precipitation in the form of ice crystals, mainly of intricately branched, hexagonal form and often agglomerated into snowflakes, formed directly from the freezing of the water vapor in the air.

There you go (can't say i'm not helpful)!

Seriously, I know the weather and water situation in W.A. is even worse than normal at the moment. Take care of yourselves.